Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points3 messages
Posté
Our first play through, we allowed “Involved” characters to use their skills toward an action. I have now read the FAQ and see this isn’t allowed.

Can someone tell me why a character would get “involved” then? I don’t see a way for them to help at all?
Posté
Some cards specifically say that you can play them on an action that you're involved in. And also, some actions can have effects on one or more involved characters.

We generally find it useful uncommonly enough that we just assume every action is solo, and speak up when we get cards or see situations that would allow us to contribute.
Posté
Oddly, I found "us" almost defaulting to having multiple get involved on certain types of actions, like exploring in particular.

There are a few action cards you can hold in your hand that do say you can assist another player, like Fortitude as well as a one Advanced action card (there may me more, but I just know of one). I also found Fortitude to be a card I never held in my hand because other cards like Determination, Improvise, and something like Experience were preferred, and therefore not ever using it, it became a card I got rid of via the Destiny track "remove card" option.

That said, I found the main use of having multiple players be involved to be allowed to distribute positive benefits or purse items, or to allow a subsequent action to be taken by a preferred character. I found the negative possible outcomes were worth the tradeoffs.
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points3 messages