Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points23 posts
Posted
Sarah wrote:
Example 1: You discard it when counting successes at Step 3-C, so no, you cannot count the star a second time.
Example 2: Yes, you can use it, but not for Step 3-C.

And so your final example works perfectly.

This makes perfect sense, thanks a lot for the answer. Let me try to summarize this:
A card_type_skill card played from a player's hand must remain in their hand until all its effects are resolved. In particular, if the card_type_skill allows to obtain extra successes (either directly with icon_succes, or indirectly with bonus_jocker_black, locked_plus_Y+X, etc.) and if the player wants to use those successes, then the card_type_skill card must remain in hand until the end of phase 3.C when the successes are counted.

Is that accurate?

But then:
Braxus wrote:
Can we just list all the cards which can be applied twice using the You are focused card?

Sarah wrote:
All cards, but each card can only be used once per phase.

I understand now that this is the case for cards bringing successes, but what about cards with other effects?

For instance, I have the card A0112 with the effect [take up to three cards at random from your discard pile and add them to your hand. Discard this card]. I thought I could play it, get my three cards, and discard it at once (since all the effects have been resolved), and then use "You are focused" or a similar effect to fetch it back into my hand and play it again within the same phase.

Is that wrong?
Posted
I am still having timing issues, unfortunately.
While playing today, I got Exploration card Area II A0230, with an action where, in case of success, one can draw a 150. I happened to already have 150 in my hand,
"you are focused", which allows during an action to fetch a card_type_skill from the action or discard deck.
Can I use my 150 to help during phase 3 of the action on card A0230 and return it fast enough that I can get it back during the consequence phase?

By some coincidence, I got a very similar issue just after that with Exploration card Area III A0241, with an action in which, during the consequence phase in case of success, you must "try your luck". If lucky, you are rewarded with a 154. I happened to already have 154 in my hand
"you are lucky", which allows to succeed at a "try your luck" test
. Can I use my 154 during the first sentence of that consequence phase to
automatically succeed the "try your luck" test
and return it fast enough that I can get it back during the second sentence of the consequence phase?
Posted
Yes to both
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points23 posts