Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts
Posted
Hi everyone,
i got a question about what is supposed to happen with the action (blue back cards) cards between the rounds.
I try to make my problem obvious on a explicite example:

so in the conclusion of Dadarchem's awakening's first mission it tells you to discard all your BlueHand cards.
Does that mean i am just supposed to discard the rest of my remaining action deck or am I also to dismiss all the BlueHand cards i still have in my hand?

than in the introduction of the next mission it tells you to unblock all BlueHand cards (that are beneth my character card). Than suffle all cards in their discard pile back into their action deck.

As I understand both points 1+2 that means at the beginning of the 2nd scenario i would start with all the BlueHand cards in hand that were Blocked in the end of the 1st scenario?

Is that correct or am I supposed to shuffle all BlueHand cards back into the action deck and remain empty handed at the beginning of the 2nd scenario?

Could you please help me out as this is a bit confusing for me.

Thank you and best wishes
Glomo
Posted - Edited
It seems that you misunderstood what is Hand.

There are 4 area for blue cards :
(I put a quantity of cards for exemple)
  • Action deck (12)
  • Discard pile (8)
  • Hand (3) (in front of you)
  • Blue blocked cards (1)

Conclusion of Dadachaem's awakening scenario #1:
Hand = 0 ===> Discard +3

Introduction of scenario #2:
Blue blocked cards = 0 ===> Action deck +1 (Caution : don't unblock the card_type_purse cards)
Discard pile = 0 ===> Action deck +11 (8+3)

At start of the scenario #2 :
  • Action deck (24)
  • Discard pile (0)
  • Hand (0)
  • Blue blocked cards (0)

And you will even read another instruction : draw 2 cards from your Action Deck. You will start with 2 cards in your Hand.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Make sure you read all the actions that you're supposed to take; they're scattered around a bit:

at the end of the scenario you just completed
at the beginning of the new scenario you're starting
in the middle of the new scenario text
at the end of the new scenario text, in the Preparation Phase

This will _usually_ - but not always! - involve you discarding your hand, remaining deck, and blocked cards, shuffling your discards back into a new deck, and drawing some cards for a starting hand in the new scenario. BUT, don't just assume all of those things will happen! My rule of thumb is that, if one of those steps doesn't appear to have happened, to go back and check that I haven't missed something, but then believe it if it really isn't there.

We like to perform all of the steps from the end of a scenario and the beginning of the next one all at once, including the Preparation step and all of our Citadel actions. Then we "save" when we're actually ready to start the next adventure. When we come back, we just re-read the text without taking the actions (which we've already done.)
Posted
I do it that way too.
Better doing stuff at the end then at the start of the next round.
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts