Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points13 posts
Posted
How do you understand this Epic trait? according to the rules, no player can be active for two turns. but it makes no sense because according to the rules, an inactive player does not take part in the fight.
Posted - Edited
Mobigy wrote:
How do you understand this Epic trait? according to the rules, no player can be active for two turns. but it makes no sense because according to the rules, an inactive player does not take part in the fight.

The involved characters alternate who will be the active player who takes the fight action. Normally only one character can resolve the action, but: there are some effects, skills which apply to all involved characters and the non-active player can use some skill cards to affect the action of the active player.
Posted
Yes sure , but with epic creature we cannot choose active player...silly
Posted
You must choose the active player when there are several involved characters.
Posted - Edited
Mobigy wrote:
according to the rules, no player can be active for two turns.

Mobigy wrote:
but it makes no sense because according to the rules, an inactive player does not take part in the fight.

Could you please show us where did you read this? (page or citation or photo)

It seems to me that you misunderstood what an active player and an involved character are.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Skills are explained in Citadel leaflet.
Action resolutions steps are explained in Rule book page 12
Posted
Maybe it will be easier:
What do you do or what don't you do if, playing with 2 people, you encounter a monster with the Epic trait?
Posted - Edited
One character - call them A - will be the active player for the first action of the fight. If it is a mandatory combat, all other characters on the card must also participate, but are not the active player. If it is not mandatory, any other characters can freely choose to participate or not.

After a single action, A will either have completely resolved the compound action, or not. If they have; yay! If not then resolve the consequences of failure, including reducing any dice necessary on the card, and then:

Any character other than A chooses to be the active player for a new action. If it is a mandatory combat, all other characters on the card must also participate, but are not the active player. If it is not mandatory, any other characters can freely choose to participate or not.

Repeat.

I suspect you might be thinking of the fight as a single action? But a compound action is one that can be completed by a series of successive progressive attempts, each of which is a separate action, with a separate active player, gear cards chosen, hand cards played, etc.
Posted
DevNull wrote:
One character - call them A - will be the active player for the first action of the fight.

But right from the very beginning you have a contradiction with the Epic trait rules that say that no one can be an active player for two turns.
Posted
I don't read any contradiction in the DevNull's message.
(thanks DevNull !)

Maybe you will understand better with the french version :

It means :
If several characters are involved in the action, the Active player must change every turn.
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posted - Edited
If I'm alone (single character because of a solo game or because I'm the only character that decide to manage the Compound Action), then I can resolve each step as the Active player.
ex: A-A-A-A

If there are 2, 3 or 4 characters, one of them can't be the Active player for 2 single Actions that follow directly.
Valid example for 3 players : A-B-A-C-B
Unvalid example for 3 players : A-B-A-A
Posted
Now I understand your line of thinking. According to the translation into Polish, it can be seen that there may be two versions of the interpretation.
1. Active player cannot be selected for two turns in a row. (Only from the third can be selected an active player )
2. No player may be active for two turns in a row. (must change every turn)

Thank you for your clarification. I think there should be some errata because I've read about 5 interprettions of this trait on several forums.
Posted
Mobigy wrote:
1. Active player cannot be selected for two turns in a row. (Only from the third can be selected an active player ).

That interpretation has no sense for me because the main mecanism of the game is "Resolve an action" which works with a player who declare to be active. No Active player, no Action. No Action, no game. ^^

But, hey, I'm happy that you finally found an answer here ! -)
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points13 posts