Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points7 posts
Posted
If an action says I must return a card with a specific keyword (such as trading a card with the keyword FABRIC for a 149 card), may I return a blocked card with that keyword, or does it have to be unblocked?
Posted
Well... some people interpret the rules blocked purse have no effect except its weight. And keywords are part of its effects. So no, blocked purse cards have no keywords.

(On the other hand though... some game effect check if you have a card with a specific keyword AND unblocked at the same time. This only makes sense if blocked cards can have keyword. So I am not sure myself.)
Posted
I would think a cumbersome item would still make it hard to move even if damaged (e.g., you can't use "On the Double" if you carry an item with CUMBERSOME). So... Maybe it's okay to trade my torn Cape? The rules do explicitly say to interpret them in my favor if it's ambiguous -)
Posted
Lorkenpeist wrote:
I would think a cumbersome item would still make it hard to move even if damaged (e.g., you can't use "On the Double" if you carry an item with CUMBERSOME). So... Maybe it's okay to trade my torn Cape? The rules do explicitly say to interpret them in my favor if it's ambiguous -)

No, blocked cumbersome items don’t count and you can move.
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posted
I would love an offical clarification of this.

I approach this thematicaly - I assume a blocked item is like a broken/damaged item.
So I would not trade a blocked item, since that item doesn't have it's origianal value.
However, I would still consider a blocked item CUMBERSOME - for example, if you have a blocked (=damaged) armor, it is still heavy and big, so it makes sense that it's still cumbersome.
Posted
@Karbous: I agree. That sounds very reasonable.
Posted
The keywords of blocked cards are indeed ignored, including for the keyword "Cumbersome".
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points7 posts